Resi Conference Agenda & Timetable
The conference takes place on Wednesday 28th November 2018 at ETC Venues - St Pauls, London.
The 2018 National Residential Investment Conference returns for a 8th Year and has been completely updated to reflect the current market, with presentations from some of the most respected figures in the sector.
Last year this event sold out several weeks in advance so please book early to guarantee your attendance. Bookings are strictly first come, first served.
We’re expecting this to be very popular as always, and it’s a chance to be completely updated on the market, cross off some CPD, and network with the leading players in the Resi Investment Sector. It should be a very worthwhile day.
The Event will look at maximising opportunities in a Resi sector that is now seeing institutional and international investment. Hear about some new innovations and opportunities, understand how developers and investors can structure deals, look at joint ventures with public land, and learn about the future of the Resi Investment Market across the UK. There will also be a detailed market update, looking at fundamental economics & Brexit and where Resi fits as a Property asset class both within the UK & Internationally. The panel will also review current investment, looking who is involved and how the market is therefore evolving, as well as examining in detail how to design, deliver & manage a successful Build to Rent & PRS operation.
To see who attends please click here
Resi Investment 2018
ETC Venues St. Paul’s, 200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD
9.30am – Morning Session - Includes networking coffee break
- The current state of UK Residential Investment market
- Investment into the Residential Sector – looking at what has actually happened
- Looking at the Private Rented Sector & Build to Rent in Context – where does this now fit in with the overall housing & property investment markets?
- How much of the Private Rented Sector is now new Build to Rent and what is coming in the next few years?
- How much private wealth is invested into Residential Property and how will this be affected by more institutional investment?
- Buy to Let v Build to Rent – will private wealth currently & previously invested in small scale Buy-to-Let gradually make it’s way over to Build to Rent funds?
- What potential does this have and what is likely?
- Are Build to Rent Bulk Purchases propping up the Development Sale Market nationally?
- Putting National Rents and Values into context – what does it mean for investment prospects?
- Where are the regional hotspots for investment opportunities and how does the proposition look?
- How do the yields and rents compare geographically?
- In which markets around the Country is there really a strong opportunity for PRS to work?
- How can we build a reliable valuation system for investors in UK Build to Rent & PRS?
- How can the market reach a point where there are accurate and reliable rent statistics so investors can make an informed decision?
- What framework needs to be in place to make this happen and how might this help the market as a whole?
- What role is the RICS playing in this?
- What can we learn about rent levels across the UK – Asking v Achieved
- How has institutional PRS & Build to Rent Investment grown and why?
- What is the capacity for growth and where are the big opportunity areas both in terms of product and location?
- Where does the UK fit with the rest of Europe?
- What is currently being delivered in the Private Rented Sector, what is the scale and what is in the pipeline? Are we now reaching real scale and what are the projected future numbers?
- Who has delivered, who is delivering and who are the leading players in the market?
- Who is the PRS sector really targeting and how big is this market? Understanding the Demographics
- What are the different products available, how will these evolve, and what are the exit routes for investors?
- What are the remaining issues for investors and how are these now being addressed?
Who is really investing in PRS in the UK – What deals are being done and where are they coming from?
How can the scale of investment be increased and what are the realistic future levels?
- Where does the micro living/collective living product fit in and does this market have enough scale for investors?
- How is the Government Looking to support the Build to Rent & PRS Sectors across the UK?
- What are the priorities?
- What Government money is available for Build to Rent & PRS Schemes?
How can developers access public funds?
What are the HCA & Government looking to achieve?
- Understanding the Policies of the London Mayor when it comes to Residential Investment, PRS & Build to Rent
How do the Mayor’s policies on Build to Rent and those of the Government and the Housing White paper fit together?
- What do investors & Developers need to know and how will things really work in Practice?
- What land and joint venture opportunities are there with the GLA and Local Authorities in London?
- How can public sector land be released for Residential Investment and PRS?
- Understanding Manchester as a Residential Investment destination
- Why has it seen such growth and what future opportunities does it offer for Residential Investment?
- Where does Build to Rent & PRS fit in and what mix of tenures is the City looking for?
- What land & joint venture opportunities are there for investors and developers?
- Moving forward, what kind of innovations could help Manchester deliver more housing and grow as a destination?
1.30pm – Networking Lunch Session
2.30pm – Afternoon Session
- Panel Session on Making Residential Investment Work
- How are Residential Investments really performing?
- What are expansion plans and goals of Investors in the UK and which products and locations are of particular interest?
- How do we speed up Capital Raising & Development in the PRS & Build to Rent Sector?
- How do institutions decide their investment policy and what do they take particular interest in?
- The different ways institutions choose to gain exposure to Residential
How do investors view the 3% stamp duty surcharge? What is the impact of this on their thirst for investment?
- Where is the money being invested coming from and how much more is there to come?
- What are investors looking for in terms of product, location and operation?
- Where are the opportunity areas and are they urban or suburban?
- Comparing attitudes of the institutions to Resi in the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World.
- What institutional involvement opportunities might there be in this market?
- Joint Ventures with Public Sector Land
- How can public sector land be released for Residential Investment and PRS?
- What structures may work for this and how are these being set up?
- The role that Housing Associations have to play in the evolution of the Residential Investment Market
- Where do HAs see PRS & Build to Rent fitting into their overall operations going forward?
- Where do they see balance between PRS and Market Sale
- How key is the Residential Investment Sector to increasing Housing Delivery?
- What Partnerships in both the Private & Public Sectors are HAs looking to enter into?
- Design & Delivery – what do we need to deliver for effective PRS?
Modular v traditional Construction Methods – where do supply chains, labour and other issues fit into this jigsaw and how can a developer decide what works?
- What methods of constructions are emerging and how important are these for PRS?
- Where do evolving constructions methods now fit in the overall delivery picture?
- What should we be designing & how should we be delivering it?
- How can you make the Asset work be using good design?
- What guidelines should be used when designing a PRS scheme?
- Logistics & Management - What is required to make large scale PRS actually work in the UK?
- What are the crucial priorities from Day One in order to deliver the best possible scheme & operation?
- The key principles of block management to provide top level service and strong investment returns
- How can voids, maintenance, management and lettings costs be factored in?
- Achieving premium pricing and how a professionally managed service can win customers
- How can a genuinely different customer experience be delivered by the professional build to rent operator? How can this be communicated this to the general public?
- How realistic is additional income from extra services and how can it be achieved in the UK?
- What experience can be transferred from a US operation?
4.20pm – Close and Networking Drinks for Speakers & Attendees
To see who attends this event: click here
This event is also eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit
To learn how to book a place, please click here